Carrot is perfect for treating acne, dark spots, scars and the likes. Vitamin E which is highly present in carrot is both a nutrient and antioxidant as it can help hydrate delicate facial skin, reduce the scar’s appearance over time and also dark spots.
Benefits of the carrotfacial scrub:
1. It contains vitamins A which is an antioxidant.
2. It also contains vitamin K. Antioxidants protect skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells.
3. It can do a lot for the health and appearance of your skin, including reducing the signs of aging. Vitamin A also treats acne.
4. Carrot contains vitamin C which reduces the appearance of brown spots and other types of sun damage.
5. It Helps boost healthy collagen production which causes firmer skin.
6. Reduces inflammation and irritation, both of which cause a cascade of damage.
7. Fades post-breakout red marks by improving skin’s natural healing response.
8. Increases the effectiveness of your sunscreens and boosts your skin’s defense against UV exposure.
9. [email protected] keeps the skin cells hydrated and moisturized.
10. Carrot contains a vital component called beta-carotene, which sloughs off dead skin layers, locks in the moisture in the skin and promotes the renewal of new skin cells.
How to make carrot facial scrub
- 1 tablespoon carrot paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 fresh lemon juice
How to make the scrub
1. Cut the carrot into small pieces and boil them for 10 minutes or grate the carrot pieces.
2. Now, mash the boiled carrot pieces and add honey and lemon juice to it and make a smooth paste.
3. Apply the paste on cleansed face
4. Rinse it off after 20-30 minutes.
5. Repeat it for 2-3 times in a week.
Remember that Honey and lemon have antibacterial property and anti-inflammatory property which kills the microbes causing acne and heals the inflammation.